Today is a great day. It has been General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints this weekend. We listen to the words of inspired speakers and receive guidance and encouragement from Church leaders about gospel living based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.
Below are a few things that were discussed at Conference:
“..• During the Sunday morning session, President Monson bore testimony of the blessings of temple attendance: “As we go to the temple, as we remember the covenants we make there, we will be better able to overcome those temptations and to bear our trials. In the temple we can find peace.”
• “May our Heavenly Father bless us that we may have the spirit of temple worship,” he said, “that we may be obedient to His commandments, and that we may follow carefully the steps of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.”
• As we celebrate Easter, he concluded, “May we offer prayers of gratitude for His great and marvelous gifts to us.”
• During the general priesthood session, President Thomas S. Monson expressed the hope that each Aaronic Priesthood holder be “given a spiritual awareness of the sacredness of his ordained calling, as well as opportunities to magnify that calling.”
• “Let us consider our callings,” he said. “Let us reflect on our responsibilities; let us determine our duty; and let us follow Jesus Christ, Our Lord.”
• He invited priesthood holders to “honor our priesthood and live our lives so that we are at all times worthy.”
• Quoting D&C 121:45, he said, “Let thy bowels also be full of charity towards all men, and to the household of faith, and let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly.”
• “We are engaged in the work of the Lord Jesus Christ,” he said. “Let us learn of Him. Let us follow in His footsteps. Let us live by His precepts.
During the Sunday morning session of conference, President Monson announced plans to build new temples in Bangkok, Thailand; Abidjan, Ivory Coast; and Port Au Prince, Haiti.
There are currently 144 operating temples, five temples under renovation, 13 under construction, and 13 previously announced temples in various stages of preparation. This year two temples will be rededicated, and five new temples will be dedicated…….”
It was a beautiful spring day here in Utah. The flowers are blooming and the blossoms are a kaleidoscope of colors. Sometimes, General Conference falls on the same day as Easter. This year, not only was Easter celebrated on Conference but it is also my mother’s birthday. I wish my Mom a very, very, happy birthday today. We spent the day with our family and feel blessed to celebrate General Conference, Easter and Mom’s birthday.