As the Light of the World, Jesus Christ was born so that no one would have to live in darkness. He miraculously healed the blind, but that’s far from the only way Jesus Christ can open our eyes. Today, there are many ways we can help others—and ourselves—to see the things that matter most.
Three Simple Ways to Get Involved
Point out virtues in others that they don’t see in themselves.
Read and share this account of Christ giving sight to the blind.
Find a collection box for eyeglasses and donate an old pair.
Other Ways to Participate
- Promote a vision charity on social media. You could even use the eyeglasses emoji.
- Learn here about raising a guide dog.
- Take a disability awareness course.
- Use this app to be eyes for a blind person.
- Read a scriptural account of Christ healing the blind.
- Read a book to an elderly person with impaired vision.
- Use social media to help people see the good in the world.
- Share this inspiring video about a person who is blind.
- Visit JustServe.org for more ways to #LIGHTtheWORLD in your community (U.S. and Canada only).
“6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.”